Friday, August 28, 2009

RAINBOW spells rainbow


Chandler started kindergarten! Yeah for him! Every day his class learns a different color and are encouraged to wear that color. They even have snacks that are the color of the day. Pretty cool right? Well not so cool for a boy when it comes to colors like pink and purple. So I designed and embroidered these patches. I had some white tee shirts of his that I bought to go underneath his dress shirts. So I grabbed one of those added a piece of rectangular interfacing in the back, sewed some buttons on the front, then dug into my private stash of scraps, embroidered the name of the color and....... yeee haw! We have a interchangeable color patch. Yeah I have to wash the shirt part every day, but did I mention the fact that I have five kids? So this really isn't a problem. I am so happy with this design and highly recommend it. Very very easy to do and very quick. Plus the teacher liked the idea and Chandler LOVES it. Win win if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment