Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mardi Gras Daddy Daughter Date

 I don't know why the pictures are side ways on this...wish I had the time to figure it out, but I don't so..well deal already! :)  Aiyana's Mardi Gras dress was a mess. Because the Joanns here in Colorado Springs doesn't feel the need to keep fabric in stock, I had to buy what they had.  I used an old prom dress of mine for the skirt of Aiyana's dress, but didn't have enough for the bodice.  So I had to buy a fabric that matches.  It was their "wonderful" costume satin.  I hate working with it. It frayed like crazy during the entire project so I had to make several adjustments. It turned out cute, not perfect by ANY means, but cute.  There is a lot I would love to change but due to time and money, this is what I have to show.
 The back of her dress with gold laces.  The bow was part of the prom dress I used.  The only part of my dress I didn't use was the bodice.
 Aiyana's hair.  Not a great shot, but there are jewels and pearls in her hair.
The pretty clip I made.  I was really happy with her hair and jewlery, but the dress AHHHHHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment