Wednesday, June 10, 2009

For Miss Emma Marie


Emma's birthday was celebrated this last weekend and since I couldn't be there, I sent her this outfit. It is all from scraps of fabric that I have had on hand for quite some time.

The back of the dress fastned with flower buttons.

Close up of the sleeve with the decorative edging that I used with my serger.

The top part of the dress.

A little bow detail for the middle of the bodice.

The close up of the ruffles. Melissa and I didn't agree on the finish. She wanted a narrow hem as per the instructions, but I wanted to push the envelope and do a finished hem with the serger. I was very happy that I did, even though it was hard going against her ideas. I love how the white contrasts so well in the ruffles.

A close up of the edge of the eyelet.

The dress.

Spankies to cover the diaper.

The hair bows. Yeah I wish I had some wired ribbon that would work.
The finished product on Emma Marie.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I like the white/peach contrast, too. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete