Saturday, July 18, 2009

For Baby Worthen


Blessing outfit. Okay I know that I LOVE Egyptian cotton. I mean really soft and really nice to sew. HOWEVER I may have to change to cotton-poly blend. I just hate how EC wrinkles. I did use it though for this outfit (it is what I had on hand.), and will from now on most likely use a cotton poly blend to save the poor Mother ironing time. We did the tie out of a more shiny fabric for a little more dimension. The tie is fastned with adjustable snaps. I know too cool right? It just gets better.

Here is the outfit without the tie.

Here is the dress shirt. FOR ALL THE MOMS OF BOYS OUT THERE: I have thought about doing something similar to this for about three years now. I hate how the shirt always come untucked. So we designed our own "new bottom" of a dress shirt pattern. I know cute huh?

Easy convient snaps to change your little one in an ever so small and crowded Mother's lounge at church. (It is just me or are those rooms designed for elfs? Ours only seats two Moms in chairs and maybe if you are lucky another two on the floor. I think women need to design the rooms!!Enough said.)

Close up of the front of the shirt.

The pants.

The blanket I made for Jen. The fabrics are a mix of a million different projects and I don't have time to list them all. The back is made from a stretch knit fabric.

I with I had more of the border fabric to use on the inside lines or vice versa. But I didn't so I will try to stop whinning.
The finished quilt. Jen I hope you like this as much as we liked making it.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Love the tie. Blessing outfits for boys are so tough to find. And they always cost so much - even though we all know they aren't THAT much work. Yours is awesome and I love the dress shirt onesie. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete