Thursday, July 2, 2009

For Ilea


So the only sewing projects that I have been able to do lately are projects where I already have the fabric for. Due to our wonderful economy I have not been able to buy fabric for about nine months so everything that I am doing/have done will be from my extra/scrap fabric bins. Yeah. It makes things a little difficult when you really want a certain look but can't buy the "trims" for it. Above is a skirt I did for my niece Ilea. I call it my Alice In Wonderland skirt because of the colors. The blue is a fabric I had left over from making matching pj bottoms for all five of my sisters and my Mom when went went to South America. The white ruffle is left over from Aiyana's Cinderella costume.

This dress for Ilea is pretty much the same, but I used some pink bias tape that I had to add a little contrast. The butterfly waist trim and bows is from my ribbon bin and seems to add some really nice contrast. The only thing bought was the zipper which my sister purchased. Not bad $3.27 for a dress. She got a screaming deal! *smile* And me....well I got to keep up my addiction.
These are the hair bows that will match either outfit. They are done with french clips on the back that came from my hair accessories pile. Sorry about the pictures. My hubby took them and I don't think he understood what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment