Wednesday, July 29, 2009

For Holly


Holly is my Husbands "work girlfriend". (but it is okay because I know about it *smile)She loved the tutu that I made for Isabella and Aiyana and asked if I would make one for her daughter Kayla.

Kayla likes pink. So I used two different colors of pink tulle and used a darker pink thread for a little contrast.

I am crazy about the edging of this stitch.

The bow detail in the back. I sewed with the dark pink thread on either edge of the bow to help bring the dark pink into the bow work.

A close up of the bow. This tutu was made using elastic and the bow is a permanant detail. Melissa of course helped with this project.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty, pretty but the pictures never do it justice! I really like how the stitching on the ribbon turned out and you can't even really see it in the pictures :( boo.

    ReplyDelete